Want to join us on an adventure in Oslo? We're searching for an enthusiastic and professional manager with previous experience to run our Posthallen restaurant in Oslo.
You are a perfect match for us if:
- You have previous experience in running restaurant operations
- You are great with numbers, can work a calculator fine, understand a restaurant's cost structure and love budgeting and targets
- You take initiative, work proactively, communicate and collaborate actively but are not afraid to ask for help when needed toughest spots
- Your work morals are set high and you pay attention to details
- You love working alongside your staff on the floor
- Excellent customer and employee experiences are a priority for you
- You want to develop our operations further with the management team
- Wines and drinks are your passion
- You speak and write English fluently: our working language is English
- Speaking and writing Norwegian are considered a plus
- You can commit to your position for at least a year. We love to hang on to great people for longer too!
Your tasks as a restaurant manager include at least:
- HR: recruiting together with the manager team, onboarding and training staff, taking care of staff wellbeing
- Planning work rosters, keeping track of work time, covering sick leaves and other absences
- Keeping up work routines and developing them
- Keeping up our product selection and updating products in our digital systems
- Maintenance of equipment and appliances
- Communication and collaboration with our partners
- Self-monitoring plans (IK-MAT, IK-ALKO, HMS handbook)
- Orders and inventory
- Financial management of your location: budgeting, targets, developing sales together with the management team
- Training and onboarding staff and upkeeping their skills
- Passing Norwegian kunnskapsprøve and etablererprøven
At work we make our values a reality every day:
We Are Passionate: We believe we can have a positive impact on our friends' lives by making their life more enjoyable. We see our work as a calling and this calling requires passion from all of us. We put our hearts out in everything we do, we don't settle for mediocrity and we run the extra mile when needed. Working with passion is never an excuse for bad behavior.
We Are Curious: We love to challenge the ordinary and hate to settle with the obvious. Our world is filled with opportunities and possibilities, obstacles and restrictions should never be the first things on our minds. To us curiosity means openness towards "new" and "change". We should constantly find ourselves asking: " What if? Why not? Could this work?"
We Are Professional: We know our work. But as professionals we also know that we can and must be even better tomorrow: as an individual, as a team as a restaurant concept. We seize all learning opportunities actively and with enthusiasm. We all have been rookies at some point of our lives and we've all needed help from others to grow. For us it's an honor to coach a friend to the next level.
We Are Daring: We dare to challenge the ordinary by trying new and unknown. Some of our experiments are successes and others become failures. If we never fail, we haven't been daring enough. We are open and frank in all interactions and don't shy away from problems that need to be solved. Caring about a co-worker, a customer or a company is a daring act. We dare to care, a bit more than usual.
We Are Friends: At the end of the day, we are a group of friends. As friends we cheer, encourage and defend each other. We even say the ugly truth when needed. In our group there are all kinds of people. We embrace our differences and encourage each other to show their personalities. Above everything, we are loyal to each other, our team and committed to what we want to achieve together.
Still sounds amazing? Great! We offer you a full time position in an international, growing company from the Nordics. You will get to work with skilled, active and down-to earth management and amazing staff spiced with great team spirit!
Apply as soon as possible, we will fill out the position right away when we find the perfect match for us!
Sushibar+Wine is a Nordic company founded in 2009 in Helsinki, Finland. SB+W is a part of We Are Group which currently owns and runs 9 restaurants in Helsinki, Finland and 2 in Oslo, Norway. Our vision is to be the leader of modern hospitality and mission to make our friends lives more enjoyable. We lead our operations through our company values and concentrate on sustainability, artisan work, quality and having fun while we do it! Read more about We Are Group here and Sushibar+Wine here !